Monday, February 15, 2010

Ode to Global Bazaar

Deeply, and truly I will miss you. If it weren't for the bulk products cowering in the back corner of the store, where Justin Timberlake and Snoop Dogg refuse to shop twice (too far to walk)...I'd just shop at SAM'S Club.

Instead, I love Global Bazaar with most of my heart still, and would sooner recommend those same bulk products be scattered throughout the "regular" aisles, where they will more likely be purchased, by people.

Having wrestled once or twice with a fellow hardwood respecting Hutterite, on my child's birthday no less, and sacrificed a dining room table with benches...although I could have used all five. Tables, that is.

I surrendered the table, but kept the cake, because it's my nature. Loving organic materials, and recommending the advertising simply improve, lest everybody on the planet just wait 5-6 weeks until everything's half-off...well, bad advice.

Not something I'd follow. Handmade "one-of-a-kind" tables, chairs, and vases from India and Africa, and God only knows where...something only found at Target, our beloved Global Bazaar. Please, someone, anyone...don't discontinue my Global Bazaar.

No comments: