I used to seriously consider the possibility of becoming Quaker. No, that's a total lie, and I'm not sure Quakers would find that behavior holy, being all based on religion and such, and practical thinking. So which is it Quakers, religion or practical thinking?
Ah ha! Now we're getting somewhere, into the realm of choice, yes, I thought so. I may have blown all my chances of becoming Quaker, lived too lavishly in the wide-open, without repenting, and not really planning to. Um, wait. Quakers are nicer than that, aren't they?
Well, let's explore that, shall we? What IS the point of being nice anyway, doesn't guarantee your goats milk. Doesn't satisfy the hunger that never seems to go away, just by being nice to the harvest. If that were the case, we'd find some other reason not to be nice to the harvest, just to get our rocks off...of the field, can damage the equipment.
When you break it down to religion or practical thinking, I'm thinkin it's going to be none of the above that happens in the end. And it should be that way, out of principle. To make a point, a lasting one, that's unforgettable. Yes, let's teach health a lesson.
Being Quaker may not be all someone needs it to be anyway, it usually isn't. So, why get your hopes up and waste two or three healthy rock-laden years, on being nice. Doesn't really satisfy as deeply, as reliably, as "oh my God, yes!" over, and over, and over again.
So think on that. Is being Quaker really worth it? A pre-condition? Theories abound, but it's ultimately a health decision in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment