...is turning out to be a pathological liar. The pride in such a gift comes later, but the pride IS there. My current active lie is to convince our children we don't have no freakin internet service, and never will. Being caught in that lie isn't something I fear lately, because I've mastered the "recovery".
The recovery is mainly handled with a good enough reason to have lied, so I should know. Or, will know. Currently, I just keep Word open, to quickly click upon in case uninvited footsteps start prancing down the basement stairs. The lie will be smaller that way, and postponed.
My husband and I never lie to each other, instead, we rationalize. Oh, didn't know there was a difference, eh? Well, when it's one-sided lying, and I'm the victim...much easier to spot and find the courage and strength to get over.
No dirty laundry, just the typical "you don't appreciate me as I am" countered with "you are exactly these things, and nothing more". Lying and rationalizing fits in there someplace. All I know is lying is sometimes important and useful.
Now, off to the water park.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment