Thursday, April 29, 2010

Phases and stages

No advice can convince a parent to handle the school year like an expert when they've never been through it before. Each day is a new opportunity to master the time spent alone at home, becoming the kind of mom I dream to be. I'm committed to the heights I plan to achieve, a level of accomplishment I never reached while homeschooling.

It's as simple as having mealtime in order, snacks ready and structured, and including whichever rituals will add to their memories of a well-lived childhood. At the same time, I'm feeding my own mind with my chronological study, mastery of word roots, and practice of yoga.

New beginnings used to come easy for me, this year's a little more tedious and painful. Not that I'm deterred or anything, I'll eventually have walked the whole cycle (summer vacation, stay tuned). And by next year, all the effort I've put forth will be reassuringly stabilized by the luxury of the predictable.

No comments: