Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Save our children

Is a non-suicide contract the appropriate way for a school to handle a child's lack of direction? I mean, death is as suitable a direction as any, and NOT EVERYBODY has the "I have kids" excuse to NOT end it all each time.

I believe the school chose wisely, and why. Well, the school, the principal, and teachers, plus the occasional janitor, and many a lunch lady...all trustworthy AUTHORITIES in a child's life. Were the boy homeschooled, then God would be at the helm, then parents and siblings.

But, bullying rarely occurs in homeschools, so pardon THAT tangent. And paper, it seems from my last year of experience, carry lots of weight, wastes lots of ink, and is in massive supply at schools everywhere. Or at least, in my neighborhood.

Would it be strange for me to mention that the massive amounts of paper coming out of that school system OUTWEIGHED the amount of bullying I witnessed? Of course, with my kids locked behind brick walls for almost seven hours each day, when would I witness bullying?

You'd think my homeschooled children would be susceptible to the most bullying of all, being homeschooled and all. But, no. Once we realized the pecking order in each classroom, we promptly made our presence known, and from then on...

it was always like, "there's Mr. and Mrs. so-and-so" again. Because we were, are, always have been, and then some. So there.

No comments: