Every failed relationship I've had in my life has ended with one choice. I'm left to take responsibility for my every part in contaminating it, and given zero feedback or closure from the other person, I must fill in my own gaps. It's not good communication, and not the pattern of the good relationships in my life, which are my only saving grace.
This situation has only happened twice, with my mom and my sister, who somehow gain by pointing their fingers at me and reassuringly agree with each other, "yes, it's all you." That's not true, it's impossible for one person to destroy a whole relationship, and I'm leaving out all the heartbreak it took to even realize that, on my own. I can't imagine what purpose it serves to leave things unresolved, still.
My sister concluded about me, either I'm angry or I hate her, neither's actually true. I just feel I was misled that an actual relationship existed, the time spent not knowing each other explained away by mere chance, not intention. And, I never got the chance to know my niece and my nephews. It complicated her family's dynamic, I was supposed to understand that. I kind of do.
Since then, I've been focusing so hard on just raising a good family, deciding if nothing else is accomplished on this earth, at least I gave them my best. I'd see my fruits eventually, had the clear conscience of uninterrupted pure intention, that's always been my dedication, I hadn't messed up. Not even once.
That's all I needed from my life, the knowledge of having no regret. Everything else seemed taken care of by grace, by prayer, by whatever. So this giant hiccup in my understanding of my own nature, I just can't be left there. I need to know which parts were mine and which parts are yours. It's the only way I can regain my clear vision, the only way I'll ever move forward.
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment